We invite proposals for presentations in comics studies in any discipline in the human and social sciences. Preference will be given, but not limited, to papers that relate to the NNCORE research themes:
- Telling stories, challenging convention
- Comics in between: intertextuality and inspiration
- Contesting and creating identities and communities
- The power of comics: propaganda and censorship
- Manga and the globalization of comics
- Learning from and through comics: comics as a didactic tool
NNCORE is a Nordic comics research network funded by the Danish Research Council (De Frie Forskningsråd) for a two year period ending summer 2013. For more information about NNCORE activities please see the website (www.sdu.dk/nncore), which includes further contact information or contact the NNCORE manager, Anne Magnussen, magnussen (at) hist.sdu.dk.